In recent years, more and more museums in China have been open to the public free of charge. The number of exhibitions and visitors to museums has seen an obvious increase. It has become common to see that people stand in long queues in front of some popular museums. Therefore, these museums must take measures to restrict the number of visitors. Nowadays, the forms of exhibitions become increasingly diverse. Some large museums use advanced technologies such as multimedia and virtual reality to make their exhibitions more attractive. Quite a few museums also hold online exhibitions where people can appreciate rare and precious exhibits. However, the experience of viewing the exhibits on site is still more appealing to most visitors.
1. 翻译第一句时，注意时态应使用现在完成时。“向……开放”常译为be open to；“免费”可译为free of charge或for free。
2. 翻译第二句时，“明显增长”既可以像参考译文那样翻译为名词结构，即see an obvious increase，此时的see意为“见证”，也可以译为动词结构，如increase significantly。
3. 第三句的整体结构是“……已很常见”，因此可用“It has become common to see that…”句型表达。“排长队”可译为名词结构long queues或动词结构queue up。此句还可译为主系表结构的简单句，即 “Long queues/Queuing up in front of some popular museums have/has become very common.”。
4. 翻译第四句时，“博物馆必须采取措施”针对的是上一句中的“排长队”现象，为了增强行文的流畅性，此处可以用副词therefore来连接，当然也可以不加。“采取措施”常见的翻译方式有take measures、take action、take steps等；“限制”常用limit或restrict表示。
5. 翻译第六句时，“利用”最常见的翻译是use，为了使表达更高级，还可以译为take advantage of或make use of；“虚拟现实”直译为virtual reality；“更具吸引力的”可译为more attractive或more appealing。
6. 翻译第七句时，“在线展览”可译为online exhibitions；“人们可在网上观赏珍稀展品”用来修饰说明“在线展览”，因此可以译为where引导的定语从句；“珍稀展品”译为rare and precious/valuable exhibits。
7. 翻译最后一句时，“现场”可译为on the spot或on site。